Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Company (HPG) is a multi-sectoral industrial Group in Vietnam. Starting with a company in trade of building equipment and machineries in August 1992, HPG step-by-step expands its business to furniture (1995), steel pipe (1996), steel (2000), refrigeration engineering (2001), and real estate (2001). In 2007, HPG was restructured to come into operation under the model of a Group, in which Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Company works as a Parent company with its member companies. Hoa Phat Group has its main business in construction steel, steel pipes and coated steel sheets, furniture, refrigeration engineering, construction equipment, agriculture and real estate. Steel production is the core business which occupies more than 80% of the total revenue and profit of the Group. HPG is the biggest building-steel and steel-pipe producer in Vietnam with its corresponding marketshares of 23.9% and 26.4% while taking a leading position in the office furniture marketshare in Vietnam. HPG has been listed and traded on Hochiminh Stock Exchange (HOSE) since 2007.
- Producing and trading steel, steel pipe, coated steel sheet;
- Trading equipment & accessories;
- Trading furniture;
- Trading refrigeration engineering products;
- Investing, developing and trading infrastructure of industrial parks, commercial and housing real estate;
- Producing animal feed, raising pigs, cow and poultry;
- Others under business license.
- Steel production and trade: HPG is the biggest building-steel and steel-pipe producer in Vietnam with its corresponding marketshares of 23.9% and 26.4%.
- Other industrial production: HPG takes a leading position in the office furniture marketshare in Vietnam. Besides, The Group continues to develop and expand distribution network and seek for new markets for refrigeration engineering equipment through Hoa Phat Refrigeration Engineering Company Limited and building equipment through Hoa Phat Equipment Accessories Company Limited.
- Real estate: HPG continues to promote investment in industrial parks, housing works and urban areas projects e.g. industrial parks in Hung Yen, Subzone A – Bac Pho Noi urban area, Tradingcenter, apartment building project on 70 Nguyen Duc Canh Street.
- Agriculture: The Group produces animal feed with a total capacity of 300,000 tons per year, and raises pig, cow and poultry through Hoa Phat Agricultural Development Joint Stock Company.
- Becoming one of the 50 biggest steel producers in the world with a revenue of over VND100,000 billion per year as of 2020;
- Speeding up construction and operating effectively Hoa Phat Dung Quat Steel Complex in Quang Ngai with a capacity of 4 million tons per year to develop a close steel production chain from iron ore, billet, building steel, high-quality steel, hot-rolled steel coil, steel pipe, coated steel sheet, pre-stressed steel;
- Maintaining the leading position in the marketshare of building steel, steel pipe and office furniture in Vietnam;
- Developing distribution network and seeking for new markets for refrigeration enginneering products and construction equipment;
- Promoting investment in industrial parks, housing works and urban areas;
- Producing animal feed, and raising pigs, cows and poultry with industrial-scale in a sustainable manner
- Industrialization, urbanization and infrastructure development are still positive factors for steel consumption. In the past 10 years, Vietnam has seen an annual urbanization rate of about Tốc 3.4%. It is forecasted that the rate will be 3% per year. Thereby, the percentage of the urbanization will reach 50% as of 2025. It shows that there will be a huge potention for the Company in building materials, especially steel in this case.
- Steel products made from China are imported massively to Vietnam with lower prices compared with made-in-Vietnam products in the same categories. That creates tougher competition among made-in-Vietnam products and other products imported from China.