- Account service
- Mobilizing capital service;
- Lending service (Short-term, mid-term and long-term);
- Guarantee service
- Discounting coupons, bonds and valuable papers;
- International payment service;
- Transfer service;
- Card service
- Collection service
- Foreign currency trading service;
- Banking agency service;
- Factoring service;
- Other businesses under authorized license.
- By the end of 2017, BIDV maintains the leading position as the biggest bank with its total asset of VND1,202,284 billion. BIDV had established correspondent bank network with more than 2,300 financial institutions and organizations all over the world.
- By the end of 2017, BIDV owns a network of 01 headquarter, 190 domestic branches, 01 branch in Myanmar, 854 transaction offices, 03 representative offices in Vietnam (Hochiminh, Danang and Can Tho) and 06 foreign representative offices (Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Czech, Taiwan, Russia).
- BIDV has built up close relationship with big domestic corporations and companies such as Vietnam Petrol Corporation, Vietnam Telecom Corporation, Vietnam Airlines Company, Vietnam Coal Industry Corporation and so on.
- Moody’s ranked BIDV as one of the banks having the best paying system in Vietnam and widespread network.
- Proactively restructure sources of fund, increasing long-term funds, mobilizing funds from customers with stable financial position; mobilizing foreign capital.
- Promote retail banking activities
- Targeting at personal customers, SMEs; diversify lending portfolio with various sectors, focusing on potential sectors with long-term development horizon; limit lending to sectors of high risk, simultanuosly promote lending to private and foreign enterprises.
- Promote banking services in potential markets such as Russia, Eastern Europe, China, Hongkong, Japan, Taiwan, Korea; at the same time searching for partners for joining hands in big projects in Vietnam.
- Cooperate with prestious financial institutions such as World Bank, Asia Development Bank…in an effort to gain financial support for key national investment projects in respect of energy, technology, infrastructure, telecom, education and so on.
- Vietnam is implementing the socio-economic development plan in the period 2016-2020 under the context of participation in Asean Economic Community (AEC), Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) and Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with Eurasian Economic Union, Korea and Japan. The integration will create opportunities for the development of Vietnam economy and its banking sector. In addition, the State Bank of Vietnam continues to take measures to restructure banking system in combination with bad debt settlement in the period 2016-2020.
- BIDV has succesfully entered and connected Japan and Vietnam markets, cooperated with Metlife to establish BIDV Metlife Life Insurance Joint Venture.
- The Circular No.36/2014/TT-NHNN creates number of obstacles for the banking system. Specifically, it restrains credit limit, investment in Government Bond, rate in payment capability, rate of shorterm capital for medium and longterm loans. The circumstance requires banks to restructure its asset portfolio to comply with the legal regulations. Such restructuring affects business strategies and performance of banks dramatically. Furthermore, there are difficulties in bad debt resettlement due to lack of outside real financial sources into the banking system. Meanwhile, legal framework for bad debt transaction shows its shortcomings.